I pulled those out of the freezer along with some other items and decided I was making an East meets West stir fry. Here's what I did:
Morningstar Farms Spicy Black Bean Burger Stir Fry
1/2 cup white rice
1 cup water
1 tablespoon frozen chopped onion
1 teaspoon minced garlic
3 tablespoons olive oil (separated into 1.5 tablespoons x2)
2 Morningstar Farms Spicy Black Bean Burgers
1 cup oriental stir fry frozen veggie mix
1 tablespoon Smoky Chipotle Paprika Seasoning Mix
2 Teaspoons Cinnamon
Sea salt and ground pepper
1. Pour 1.5 tablespoons of olive oil into a medium sized sauce pan over medium-high heat.
2. Add garlic, salt, pepper, and frozen onions.
3. Stir until the onions defrost and add the rice.
4. Heat these in the oil until the rice is translucent and starting to tan just a little.
5. Add water and stir.
6. Bring to a boil. Once boiling, cover and drop heat to low.
7. Continue cooking rice on low for 15 minutes. Then turn off heat, leave top on, do not touch for another five minutes. DO NOT remove the top to your rice.
8. While your rice simmers, add the remaining oil to a frying pan or wok on medium heat.
9. Carefully add vegetables (water in the frozen veggies likes to pop!) to the heated oil.
|Generic Frozen Veggies... cheap, quick, easy|
10. Sprinkle Seasoning mix, cinnamon, and a little salt and pepper on veggies. Saute veggies until they are defrosted.
11. Microwave patties at 50% power for 1 minute to defrost them.
12. Cut patties into eighths (like a pizza).
|Don't mind the sesame street plate...|
13. Add veggie slices to veggies and oil.
14. Here I bumped the heat up to medium-high ... almost high... and sauteed the mixture for another 5 minutes to get things a little crispy on the edges.
15. Serve over rice!
|And a close-up... because it's artsy...|
The seasoning mix I use:
|We love this stuff. $5 at Marshall's!|
|Ingredients... if you can't find some, make your own!|
This post brought to you by: